A guide to Milwaukee County Parks pools, 2012
Note: The contents of this guide were checked for accuracy when this article was updated on July 16, 2012 at 3:02 p.m. We continually update the thousands of articles on OnMilwaukee.com, but it's possible some details, specials and offers may have changed. As always, we recommend you call first if you have specific questions for the businesses mentioned in the guide.
As we all know, Wisconsin summer days can be scorching hot and humid. Hence, it's a good time to remind you that the Milwaukee County Parks System has a great selection of water-based recreational opportunities, including public pools.
Whether you test the waters first or jump right in, check out our Milwaukee public pool guide and find the perfect place to cool off this summer.
Open seven days a week from 12:30 to 4:30 p.m. and 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Wilson Park pool is open from 1:30 p.m. weekdays, 12:30 on weekends. All hours are weather permitting.
Prices: $1 (ages 3-11); $2 (ages 12 and up). Season pass is $20 (ages 12 and up) and $10 (11 and under). A comprehensive annual pass valid at any indoor or outdoor pool for 13 months (Cool Waters and Schulz Aquatic Center excluded) is $235 for ages 12-59; $185 for age 60 and up; and $150 for ages 3-11.
Kids age 7 and under must be accompanied by an adult.
Outdoor pool locations:
- Grobschmidt, (formerly Oak Creek) 2600 16th Ave., (414) 762- 9523
- Hales Corners, 5765 S. New Berlin Rd., (414) 529-3622
- Holler, 5151 S. 6th St., (414) 481-7160
- Hoyt Park, 1800 Swan Blvd., (414) 464-8400
- Jackson Park, 3500 W. Forest Home Ave., (414) 672-1470
- McCarty Park, 2567 S. 79th St., (414) 543-9240
- Pelican Cove , Located in Kosciuscko Park at 2201 S. 7th St., (414) 384-9498
- Sheridan Park, 4800 S. Lake Dr., Cudahy, (414) 747-9491
- Washington Park, 1859 N. 40th St., (414) 344-5400
- Wilson Park, 4001 S. 20th St., (414) 281-4498
Open: Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day weekend. Open Monday through Thursday, 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. and Friday, Saturday, Sunday and holidays from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Pelican Cover is open daily from 12:30 to 4:30 p.m. with extra 5:30-7:30 p.m. sessions Tuesdays and Thursdays.
Prices: $6.75 (ages 12-59); $5 (ages 3-11 or 60+); night swim (Monday through Thursday after 6 p.m.) is $4. Season pass is $50 for an individual or $135 for a family of four. $25 for each additional child.
Water park locations:
- Cool Waters, located in Greenfield Park, 2028 S. 124th St., (414) 321-7530. Offers giant tube, water slides, interactive water toys and more.
- Pelican Cove, located in Kosciuszko Park, 2201 S. 7th St., (414) 384-2022. Water slides, interactive splash toys and more.
- David F. Schultz Aquatic Center, located in Lincoln Park, 1301 W. Hampton Ave., (414) 257-7230. Features shallow pool area, multiple water slides, diving area and a lazy river.
- Aqua Track, Jackson Park Pool. This inflatable obstacle course is new for 2012. Included in regular pool admission. The slide will travel to select County Parks pools but is parked at Jackson Pool this season.
Open: Monday through Thursday from 1 p.m. to 5:45 p.m.; and Friday-Sunday from 1 to 5 p.m. Noyes pool closes at 5:30 p.m. Mondays.
Prices: $3 (12 and up); $2 (under 12). A pass for 12 admissions is $30 (12 and up) or $20 (11 and under), and a six-month pass is $125 (ages 12-59), $100 (60 and up) and $80 (11 and under).
Indoor pools also offer water exercise and Aqua Zumba classes, as lap as lap swim sessions for $3 for ages 12 and up.
Indoor pool locations:
- Noyes Pool, 8235 W. Good Hope Rd., (414) 353-1252
- Pulaski Pool, 2701 S. 16th St., (414) 645-2328
Many Milwaukee County Parks feature splash pads, which are free. This information will soon be available through the Milwaukee County Parks Web site.
Post a comment / write a review.
Disclaimer: Please note that Facebook comments are posted through Facebook and cannot be approved, edited or declined by OnMilwaukee.com. The opinions expressed in Facebook comments do not necessarily reflect those of OnMilwaukee.com or its staff.